Almost Infamous - Views from a Black Intelligentleman



Post 100!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Milestone, baby! This is officially my 100th post on my blog. When I started this thing, I figured it would be a repository for the handful of stories I've told over and over in my life, and it has evolved to being....a repository for stories I've told and adventures I've had since. The cool thing is, I've met great people and made friends who I would not have, otherwise. And my writing has gotten stronger, I believe, and more focused (ADD notwithstanding). Or not. Either way, I hit 100, and I never really thought I'd get that far with it. And you bitches are along for the ride. Shockingly, I have nothing much to say on this post. A couple of cool things have happened, though: - I found out that I'll likely be going to China in late May/early June for work stuff. Based on my Italy trip, I'm sure it'll be a blog-worthy experience. ni-GAH! - A good friend came to town this weekend, and I had a wonderful time hanging out. Nothing like beer, barbecue, and good conversation to make the good times roll. Word. -I had a very weird experience last night. I went out with my bandmates to support a friend-band who was playing at a local bar. I was the 1st of my crew to arrive, and as I was standing there rocking out, I got a tap on the shoulder from a blonde woman behind me. She said "Are you with Nonetheless?" Now, long-time readers know that Nonetheless is the band I'm in. For me to be actually recognized was a heady experience. And by "heady" I mean I got into full-blown Rock Star mode, all puffing out my chest, grooming the ol' eyebrows. You know. I was feelin' myself. Then she said "Yeah, I recognized you from my boyfriend's band page." Big head deflated. I could almost hear the air coming out, with the same sound that comes from a balloon when you pull the sides of the opening apart. You know, that same sound that would annoy the shit out of your parents when you....you get the drift. It was still cool, though. I'll holla at y'all when I have more to say. Peace.

|

<< Home


Who is...Dark Damian?

  • I'm Dark Damian
  • From Dallas, Texas, United States
  • I'm a bassist, meaning that I'm cool beyond all descriptive text. I love bacon. Dear God, do I love bacon. Leave me comments so that I may ignore them.
  • The Black Intelligentleman

I Got Smacked, Yo!

My Amazon.com Wish List

What Had Happened Was...

Blogroll My Black Ass!

  • Damian's Diatribes
  • Damian in Italy
  • Chinese Lessons
  • The Blacker The Berry...
  • The Wedding
  • Bread From the Moon Store
  • Professional Confessional
  • The Land of Damiana
  • We Will Never Forget
  • Why I Love Wal-Mart. And Chalupas. Or Something.
  • Wal-Mart and the Gangsta Toddler
  • Playing the Dozens
  • I'm an 80s Kid
  • Vincent D'Onofrio: The Greatest
  • Fun With The Shocker
  • Fun At The Waterpark
  • Smuckers Vs. The Skunk Skank
  • Kool-Aid, Man
  • 30 Percenter
  • Damian's (D)archives

    Damian's Rock Band

    Buy NONEtheLESS Merchandise Here!

     Blog Top Sites

    Listed on BlogShares

    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Almost Infamous!


    powered by Bloglet

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.
    ATOM 0.3




    View My Stats