Almost Infamous - Views from a Black Intelligentleman



Bush's State of the Union Transcript


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I chuckled. Maybe you will, too. ----------- By GORDON KEITH In case you didn't see Tuesday's highly divisive State of the Union address by President Bush, here is a transcript. Newspaper Column SCENE: Representatives and senators settle into assigned seating. Republicans on one side, Democrats on the other. On the front row, Supreme Court justices subtly adjust garters under black robes. Cheney is wheeled in on a dolly and strapped into his chair. A plate of raw steak is placed nearby to pacify him. Bush approaches the podium and begins. "My fellow Americans, I would like to start off tonight by giving a big shout-out to Coretta Scott King." Everyone stands and applauds. In the gallery, former Sen. Jesse Helms Googles "Coretta Scott King," and remains seated. "Now I realize that in a system of two parties there will always be differences. But I know we can all be nice and civil with each other, can't we?" Both sides of the chamber grumble and shift in their chairs uncomfortably. "After all, we are here for a united and strong America." Some congressmen are seen hiding their "Republicans Rule" and "Democrats Do It Better" pennants. "Now, let's talk about our progress in Iraq." Republicans erupt in cheers while Democrats pretend not to have heard him. "We must continue to fight for freedom and ensure victory over our dirty enemies." Republicans jump up on their chairs and high-five each other. Democrats look like they have just received a 5 percent chance of living. "Calm down now. We are winning the war in Iraq and it is because of the courage of our leadership!" Republican leaders stand again and chest-bump each other. Dennis Hastert is seen mouthing the words "My house! My house!" like he just sank a three-pointer from half court. "Now it hasn't been all good for me. My Social Security reforms were soundly defeated..." Democrats erupt in cheers and wave pennants wildly. Ted Kennedy begins folk dancing as several Dems mount shoulders and begin celebratory chicken fights. "But I am still the president..." Democrats drop pennants and dismount shoulders. "And I will be president for three more years." Republicans laugh and break out in impromptu team-building exercises. "Sometimes I wonder if America is headed into her darkest days." John Kerry stands up and applauds. His tempo fades as he notices the entire room is seated and looking at him. A final handclap echoes off the back wall as he sits, looking ahead blankly. "But make no mistake, we must keep up domestic spying to find out what's going on!" Republicans bring out a birthday cake and sing "For he's a jolly good fellow" while Democrats vomit and pass out. Somewhere in a grave in Virginia, Thomas Jefferson rolls over. Gordon's incisive political commentary can be heard on "The Ticket" KTCK-AM (1310) weekdays from 6 to 10 a.m. Major networks may e-mail him punditing offers at gordon@gordonkeith.com

|

<< Home


Who is...Dark Damian?

  • I'm Dark Damian
  • From Dallas, Texas, United States
  • I'm a bassist, meaning that I'm cool beyond all descriptive text. I love bacon. Dear God, do I love bacon. Leave me comments so that I may ignore them.
  • The Black Intelligentleman

I Got Smacked, Yo!

My Amazon.com Wish List

What Had Happened Was...

Blogroll My Black Ass!

  • Damian's Diatribes
  • Damian in Italy
  • Chinese Lessons
  • The Blacker The Berry...
  • The Wedding
  • Bread From the Moon Store
  • Professional Confessional
  • The Land of Damiana
  • We Will Never Forget
  • Why I Love Wal-Mart. And Chalupas. Or Something.
  • Wal-Mart and the Gangsta Toddler
  • Playing the Dozens
  • I'm an 80s Kid
  • Vincent D'Onofrio: The Greatest
  • Fun With The Shocker
  • Fun At The Waterpark
  • Smuckers Vs. The Skunk Skank
  • Kool-Aid, Man
  • 30 Percenter
  • Damian's (D)archives

    Damian's Rock Band

    Buy NONEtheLESS Merchandise Here!

     Blog Top Sites

    Listed on BlogShares

    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Almost Infamous!


    powered by Bloglet

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.
    ATOM 0.3




    View My Stats