Almost Infamous - Views from a Black Intelligentleman



I Love My Job


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yeah, yeah. I didn't diatribe this week. Suck it. I'll do it next week. My black ass has been a wee bit busy, now that I've been really working for a living, and not just chillin' in an empty cube IMing all day. (Damn, I miss IMing. It's amazing how used you get to instant communication. Gah!) I've been at Fortune 25 Company now for 3 weeks, and I gotta say, I love it here. Love. It. The people there are wonderful - smart, funny, my age, and very unique. Evidently, I'm rolling with the bad boys and girls, because in the last three weeks I have witnessed:

  • At least 47 unique instances of sexual harassment
  • No less than 29 instances of racial profiling and stereotyping
  • 52 crude jokes
  • 14 homosexual references
  • 12 inappropriate touches
  • 10 short jokes
  • 4 admissions of slight bisexuality
  • 492 curse words
This place is awesome. My kinda joint. When I was at Chinaland, I went out to lunch with coworkers exactly three times - twice with the receptionist, and once with the whole gang on the now-infamous bad company lunch. Other than that, I sat at my desk everyday, reading blogs or CNNSI.com, or something equally anti-social. If you know me personally, you know that that ain't me. I've already been out to lunch 5 or 6 times in the last 3 weeks. I'm back in my element. I'm sure fun times will ensue. (I'm almost certain that this is the most boring blog post I've ever written. If you don't like it, bite me politely just to spite me.) Peace.

|

<< Home


Who is...Dark Damian?

  • I'm Dark Damian
  • From Dallas, Texas, United States
  • I'm a bassist, meaning that I'm cool beyond all descriptive text. I love bacon. Dear God, do I love bacon. Leave me comments so that I may ignore them.
  • The Black Intelligentleman

I Got Smacked, Yo!

My Amazon.com Wish List

What Had Happened Was...

Blogroll My Black Ass!

  • Damian's Diatribes
  • Damian in Italy
  • Chinese Lessons
  • The Blacker The Berry...
  • The Wedding
  • Bread From the Moon Store
  • Professional Confessional
  • The Land of Damiana
  • We Will Never Forget
  • Why I Love Wal-Mart. And Chalupas. Or Something.
  • Wal-Mart and the Gangsta Toddler
  • Playing the Dozens
  • I'm an 80s Kid
  • Vincent D'Onofrio: The Greatest
  • Fun With The Shocker
  • Fun At The Waterpark
  • Smuckers Vs. The Skunk Skank
  • Kool-Aid, Man
  • 30 Percenter
  • Damian's (D)archives

    Damian's Rock Band

    Buy NONEtheLESS Merchandise Here!

     Blog Top Sites

    Listed on BlogShares

    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Almost Infamous!


    powered by Bloglet

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.
    ATOM 0.3




    View My Stats