Almost Infamous - Views from a Black Intelligentleman



Mavs/Suns Game 2 & 3: The Weekend Condensed Version


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Game 2: Mavs 105, Suns 98 Oh, the text messages flowed. They flowed like lies from a politician, like promises from a celebrity in rehab, like nuts from a squirrel. The messages were basically the same: "My team is beating your team. Eat it." As I sat there in my Dirk Nowitzki jersey and silver shorts, watching the game and cursing my inability to play basketball, the text messages flew westward from Tucson. Finally, at halftime, I put a stop to it - I called the minx. We talked it out, reached a point of mutual team dislike, and parted as suspended friends - suspended pending the outcome of the game, of course. Much to Laurie's chagrin, my Mavs prevailed, and there was much crying, wringing of hands and Nashing (purposely misspelled) of teeth. It's all good - game 3 is on Sunday. They'll have their chance. Game 3: Mavs 95, Suns 88 Hell, I don't even have to say much about this game, except that Tim Thomas is a punk. Yeah, I said it. OK, so he got fouled hard on his way to a monster slam dunk (which he missed, thus making it a good hard foul). But as he was walking to the free throw line, why did the prissy man have to intentionally bust THROUGH the Mavericks huddle? There was absolutely no reason that. He could've walked around, or waited until they ended their strategy conversation, but NOOOOOOOOOO. He had to be a big man and walk through them, throwing his shoulder into Jason Terry. Bam. Double technical. That's a punk move, and that's why Dirk punked his ass all night long. And Laurie? The shit-talking started early, and flowed like blueberry syrup at IHOP. 8:24pm, Central Time: "Are you sad?" Until after halftime, that is. Then, the bird got strangely quiet. And as you know, Laurie goes with quiet like smart goes with Mike Tyson. I heard nothing as the Mavs erased an 12 point deficit. Well, except this: 9:26pm, Central Time: "I am sick...We were up by twelve" But I'll give her this: when the game was over, she congratulated me and the team, saying we earned the victory. 10:25pm, Central Time: "Good game...You played better...You deserved that one." That was big of her, and I know it hurt...her...soul to say that. I give you props, L. You're accepting defeat with class and grace. I hear Raja Bell might be back for the next game. Let's see what happens in Game 4. Peace.

|

<< Home


Who is...Dark Damian?

  • I'm Dark Damian
  • From Dallas, Texas, United States
  • I'm a bassist, meaning that I'm cool beyond all descriptive text. I love bacon. Dear God, do I love bacon. Leave me comments so that I may ignore them.
  • The Black Intelligentleman

I Got Smacked, Yo!

My Amazon.com Wish List

What Had Happened Was...

Blogroll My Black Ass!

  • Damian's Diatribes
  • Damian in Italy
  • Chinese Lessons
  • The Blacker The Berry...
  • The Wedding
  • Bread From the Moon Store
  • Professional Confessional
  • The Land of Damiana
  • We Will Never Forget
  • Why I Love Wal-Mart. And Chalupas. Or Something.
  • Wal-Mart and the Gangsta Toddler
  • Playing the Dozens
  • I'm an 80s Kid
  • Vincent D'Onofrio: The Greatest
  • Fun With The Shocker
  • Fun At The Waterpark
  • Smuckers Vs. The Skunk Skank
  • Kool-Aid, Man
  • 30 Percenter
  • Damian's (D)archives

    Damian's Rock Band

    Buy NONEtheLESS Merchandise Here!

     Blog Top Sites

    Listed on BlogShares

    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Almost Infamous!


    powered by Bloglet

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.
    ATOM 0.3




    View My Stats