Almost Infamous - Views from a Black Intelligentleman



Little Kids Suck, Except for Mine


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I swear. I don't know what these parents are teaching these little brats these days, but whatever it is, it's ineffective or just plain wrong. I think it's a by-product of letting Yu-Gi-Oh raise their kids rather than that good-ol' hands on parenting most of us got back in the day. Today I was dropping off my 3 year old at daycare, which I do everyday. And just like Fred Flintstone slides down the brontosaurus at 5pm sharp, my 3YO clutches and screams everyday as though I told him that Santa and Spongebob were fake. As I'm trying to dislodge my human octopus from my left leg, another little kid (we'll call him Li'l Lucifer) comes running up to me to show me...something. This is pretty common, and I've learned to simply smile, nod, and occasionally say something like "Oh, really? WOW!" even though I have no friggin' idea what the babbling little urchin is saying. Well, today Li'l Lucifer decided that words weren't enough to convey his point. While I'm prying my 3YO's arms from around my thigh, Lucifer strolls up and punches me square in the balls. With authority. I mean, he did that shit with purpose, and with malice aforethought. I can imagine him sitting at his Dora the Explorer Little Tykes table, plotting his strategy like General Patton. There was no hesitation whatsoever. The last time I checked, my testicles are NOT pinatas, and there is no prize for hitting them as hard as you can, unless you call "ass whipping" a prize. After I get up, that is. And as I doubled over and seriously considered whippin' his little ass till he turned black, he waved and smiled at me, like "See? THAT'S what I've been trying to tell you!" Somehow I kept my cool and said, forcefully, "No hitting! Hitting is BAD!" (yes, I'm a hypocrite. I tell kids not to hit, and yet I'll spank a kid if he steps too far out of line. Parenting is Hypocrisy 101, and I've got a 4.0.), the teacher lazily looks over and says "Lucifer! Now that wasn't nice!" No shit. Little kids suck. Except mine. Mine are angels. Except when they're not. Peace.

|

<< Home


Who is...Dark Damian?

  • I'm Dark Damian
  • From Dallas, Texas, United States
  • I'm a bassist, meaning that I'm cool beyond all descriptive text. I love bacon. Dear God, do I love bacon. Leave me comments so that I may ignore them.
  • The Black Intelligentleman

I Got Smacked, Yo!

My Amazon.com Wish List

What Had Happened Was...

Blogroll My Black Ass!

  • Damian's Diatribes
  • Damian in Italy
  • Chinese Lessons
  • The Blacker The Berry...
  • The Wedding
  • Bread From the Moon Store
  • Professional Confessional
  • The Land of Damiana
  • We Will Never Forget
  • Why I Love Wal-Mart. And Chalupas. Or Something.
  • Wal-Mart and the Gangsta Toddler
  • Playing the Dozens
  • I'm an 80s Kid
  • Vincent D'Onofrio: The Greatest
  • Fun With The Shocker
  • Fun At The Waterpark
  • Smuckers Vs. The Skunk Skank
  • Kool-Aid, Man
  • 30 Percenter
  • Damian's (D)archives

    Damian's Rock Band

    Buy NONEtheLESS Merchandise Here!

     Blog Top Sites

    Listed on BlogShares

    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Almost Infamous!


    powered by Bloglet

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.
    ATOM 0.3




    View My Stats