Almost Infamous - Views from a Black Intelligentleman



Bad Poetry: The Bad Song Edition


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Remember when USA Women's Soccer went out and shocked the world by defeating China in the World Cup? Yeah, me too. Brandi Chastain, a member of Team USA, made news the world over by ripping off her top in a celebratory move copied by strippers from New York to New Guinea. It was awesome, and I was smitten. I was driven to write a song in honor of Ms. Chastain, a song which, had she ever seen it, would surely result in me getting arrested for being a stalker. A stalker with bad, bad songs about his prey. But fortunately for you, I knew better, and I put this slop away. Until now. I present to you, in all its crack-induced glory..."Soccer Lady". Keep in mind, although it sucks, it's still copyrighted, so no copying. No one wants to get sued over some dumb-ass shit like this. Trust me. Ni-Gah!!! SOCCER LADY (BRANDI CHASTAIN) Copyright (c) 2000

Brandi Chastain, I couldn't complain When you shocked the world with your effervescence You lost all control, as you scored the winning goal Now I'm living out my dreams in your essense

Brandi Chastain, you're driving me insane I wanna live on your block, cause you're the girl next door (I cannot believe I wrote that.) Can I fly out to L.A., just to sit and watch you play I'd give anything just to see you score (on the field)

[CHORUS]

Soccer lady. with your bouncing hair of gold You kicked that soccer ball right into my soul Was it the net or my heart that was your goal? I'm glad that you beat China Cause there's no one finer than you

Brandi Chastain, I've got you on the brain I'll think of you as you play in Sidney You don't have to say yes ma'am, to your teammate Mia Hamm For you I'd reliquish both my kidneys (This is physically painful to read.)

Brandi Chastain, my world just ain't the same My time is spent, sittin' thinkin' of you You're nice and not too rowdy like your teammate Julie Foudy Basically I'm saying that I love you (platonically)

[CHORUS]

Soccer lady. with your bouncing hair of gold You kicked that soccer ball right into my soul Was it the net or my heart that was your goal? I'm glad that you beat China Cause there's no one finer than you

MUSICAL BREAK (No, I never committed any music to this. But I had ideas. Shoot me now.)

[CHORUS]

Soccer lady. with your bouncing hair of gold You kicked that soccer ball right into my soul Was it the net or my heart that was your goal? I'm glad that you beat China Cause there's no one finer I wanna sit in your recliner And make a movie with Rob Reiner about you (I'm ill. There's a songwriter in LA going into convulsions right now, simply because this broken-off piece of dehydrated moose shit exists.) Yeah. This was...I don't know. I've written about 40-odd songs in my day, and this one is, by far, the worst. one. ever. I can't begin to explain why I was compelled to commit that swill to paper, or why I didn't stop after the first verse melted my eyeballs like the Germans on "Raiders of the Lost Ark". I think I got a case of the gout just from re-reading it. I'm going to go drink something alcoholic, then question my sanity. Peace.

|

<< Home


Who is...Dark Damian?

  • I'm Dark Damian
  • From Dallas, Texas, United States
  • I'm a bassist, meaning that I'm cool beyond all descriptive text. I love bacon. Dear God, do I love bacon. Leave me comments so that I may ignore them.
  • The Black Intelligentleman

I Got Smacked, Yo!

My Amazon.com Wish List

What Had Happened Was...

Blogroll My Black Ass!

  • Damian's Diatribes
  • Damian in Italy
  • Chinese Lessons
  • The Blacker The Berry...
  • The Wedding
  • Bread From the Moon Store
  • Professional Confessional
  • The Land of Damiana
  • We Will Never Forget
  • Why I Love Wal-Mart. And Chalupas. Or Something.
  • Wal-Mart and the Gangsta Toddler
  • Playing the Dozens
  • I'm an 80s Kid
  • Vincent D'Onofrio: The Greatest
  • Fun With The Shocker
  • Fun At The Waterpark
  • Smuckers Vs. The Skunk Skank
  • Kool-Aid, Man
  • 30 Percenter
  • Damian's (D)archives

    Damian's Rock Band

    Buy NONEtheLESS Merchandise Here!

     Blog Top Sites

    Listed on BlogShares

    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Almost Infamous!


    powered by Bloglet

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.
    ATOM 0.3




    View My Stats